Sied van Riel presents Rielism
Ranked for the last two years as one of the hundred hottest DJs on the planet, Sied van Riel is ready to uncover his new compilation expedition. Featuring a brand new sound design and featuring exclusive tracks and remixes from respected luminaries.
Ranked for the last two years as one of hundred hottest DJs on the planet, Sied van Riel is ready to uncover his new compilation expedition. Featuring a brand new sound design and featuring exclusive tracks and remixes from respected luminaries like BT, Tiësto’s Allure project, Richard Durand, Lange and tyDi, the album also packs in the latest floor-ware from the scene’s fast-risers - Arty, Daniel Kandi, Setrise and Akira Kayosa among them. Make no mistake, ‘Rielism’ is about to drop.
“With Rielism I want to get across what kind of sounds and range I’m standing for now”, says Van Riel. “In what I guess is a short space of time, there has been a tangible change in what I’m about musically. This isn’t ‘In Riel Time 2’ (Sied’s last compilation) under a different name, its something new and quite contrasting. It’s intended to be more multiuse – something where I think people can drop a disc on straight outta work, as well as on their way to the club”.
Disc 1 starts off around 127bpm, with smoothly percussive, atmospheric house with a progressive bias (and in the truest sense of the word). Forward-looking and future-proofed, the ice-cool flow of Chris Domingo & Derek James’ ‘Call Waiting’, Danny Chen's ‘Oceanside’ and Zack Roth’s ‘Silver of Blue’ start to lay out ‘Rielism’s schematic.
As it leaves the overture phase Sied begins to gradually build both tone and tempo, drawing in dynamic tracks from big name artists. ‘The Light In Things’ – the new single from BT and JES’ and Allure’s ‘Mariestad’ (which features Swede house hero Henrik B) send disc 1’s stock soaring, as do LNG’s latest outing ‘Harmony Will Kick Your Ass’ and Sied’s most recent co-op with Claudia Cazacu, ‘Lights Off’.
With the first disc remaining largely instrumental, CD 2 is where the big vocals rule. Chloe Langley calling, poignant turn on Simmons & Blanc’s ‘State Of Emergency’, Emma Lock’s electro-lined vox on Ronski Speed’s ‘U Got Me’, Arty and Tania Zygar instantly massive ‘The Wall’ and his own ‘Stealing Time’ (featuring American newcomer Nicole McKenna) provide the vocal waypoints of the mix.
Lifting toward the 136 bpm mark, ‘Rielism’ guns it, in a final flurry of club afterburners. Skytech’s spin on Juventa’s ‘Dionysia’, Richard Durand’s ‘Airwell’, Webster and Baker’s ‘Chainsaw’ and MEM’s ‘Illumination’ all collectively throw the mix’s main endorphin switch.
As its title suggests, ‘Rielism’ is an accurate, reflective double disc display of what one of Europe’s most exciting, creative and adaptable spinners is about behind the turntables.
Sied van Riel - Rielism
Release date 4th May 2011
Label Black Hole Recordings
01. Re-Zone & Zmey - One Love, One Life, One Fate (Dean Newton Remix)
02. Zack Roth - Silver Of Blue
03. Vinson - Circular Progression
04. Chris Domingo & Derek James - Call Waiting
05. Danny Chen - Oceanside
06. BT featuring JES - The Light In Things (tyDi Remix)
07. Julius Beat & Eddy Karmona - Real Life (KhoMha Remix)
08. Simmons & Blanc - Sweet Sour
09. Allure featuring Henrik B. – Mariestad
10. Save The Robot - Red City
11. Sied van Riel & Claudia Cazacu - Lights Off
12. Setrise & Matthew Nagle - Nailed It
13. Lange presents LNG - Harmony Will Kick You In The Ass (Lange Mix)
14. Akira Kayosa & Michael Dow present Alderney - Unbreakable
01. Espen Lorentzen featuring Simon Latham - The Light Inside (Dub Mix)
02. Sied van Riel - Telephone Junkies.
03. Ruby & Tony - Randers
04. Spark7 & Thomas DeColita - ID 22
05. Simmons & Blanc featuring Chloe Langley - State Of Emergency
06. Allure - I Am
07. Ronski Speed pres. Sun Decade featuring Emma Lock - U Got Me (Club Mix)
08. Daniel Kandi & Philip Alpha - Don’t Fix It
09. Arty featuring Tania Zygar - The Wall
10. Juventa - Dionysia (Skytech Remix)
11. Richard Durand – Airwell
12. Jorge Nava & Tucandeo featuring Frieda Harnesk - Somewhere I Belong (Eric Shaw’s Big Room Dub)
13. Webster vs. Baker - Chainsaw (Fred Baker Mix)
14. MEM – Illumination
15. Sied van Riel featuring Nicole McKenna - Stealing Time