Pulselocker - A revolutionComment
Pulselocker breaks the mold of conventional digital download retailers and streaming providers, by letting users test-drive new and classic tracks from Pulselocker’s library. A first for the industry.
Pulselocker, the first streaming and locker service for DJs, today announced the groundbreaking update of its revolutionary music service. Pulselocker launched a fully featured web based version built atop the HTML5 platform that gives DJs and music fans unlimited on-demand access to a rich catalog of DJ-focused music, and offline playback on the most popular DJ applications, including Serato Scratch Live™ and Traktor™. With a beautifully redesigned interface, intuitive layout, and impressive overall experience, Pulselocker empowers Windows® and Mac OS X® users to stream and DJ all the music they want for a flat monthly fee.
Widespread adoption of club music has fueled record-setting digital dance album sales and catapulted DJ music into the mainstream. Pulselocker breaks the mold of conventional digital download retailers and streaming providers, by letting users test-drive new and classic tracks from Pulselocker’s library of over 4M songs across dozens of genres on DJ applications before they commit to buying. DJs can simply download music to their computers and play them without the need for an Internet connection.
“With Pulselocker, you have the freedom to stream and DJ your favorite styles of music offline on popular DJ applications,” said Ben Harris, CEO of Pulselocker. “This lets you try out parts of songs to see if they’re a good fit and experiment with many different styles to create your own unique sound. And when you find the music you love, you can easily buy it from our web store with one click.”
“Pulselocker’s service goes deeper than any other music service I’ve ever seen,” said Danny Whittle, CEO of IBZ Entertainment and former brand director for Pacha Ibiza. “There’s no denying that the innovation they’re introducing to the digital download market will provide DJs with even the most voracious music appetites, a cost effective solution to discover new music and play a near infinite number of sets. For young, up and coming DJs, Pulselocker allows them to be up-to-date with all the latest tunes without breaking the bank. I love this idea and can’t wait to see how it disrupts the current DJ music ecosystem.”
Key features of Pulselocker’s web-based service include
- Pulselocker Sync: Pulselocker Sync is a lightweight app that allows you to download music to your Locker, a secure folder on your computer. Once downloaded, you can play all songs in your Locker offline on Serato Scratch Live™ and Traktor™. With Sync, you can store as many as 1000 tracks on your computer, which can be exchanged and played as often as you like for the life of your subscription.
- On demand streaming: Listen to over 4M full-length songs from Pulselocker’s DJ-oriented catalog, and discover the music that resonates with you. Whether you play electronic music, hip-hop, jazz, funk, rare groove and anything in between, Pulselocker has the music that moves you.
- Personalized homepage: Pick your favorite genres and Pulselocker creates a customized homepage of music that is hand-curated to your specific tastes.
- Cloud-based accessibility: Log in from any machine (PC or Mac) with a browser and Internet connection to retrieve your customized settings, and automatically sync tracks saved in your Locker.
- Social focus: With a heavy emphasis on social, Pulselocker lets you follow your favorite artists, labels and other users to stay current with the latest content and updates. Additionally, you can follow playlists, share playlists, and share previews of songs on Facebook.
- Represent yourself: In the coming year, producers and content owners will appreciate Pulselocker’s artist and label pages, which will let them update their mixes, upcoming gigs, featured releases and social channels in a centralized location that anyone using Pulselocker can see.
Pulselocker and Merlin - Bringing the worlds best independent content to Pulselocker DJs
Additionally, Pulselocker is proud to announce a licensing agreement with Merlin, the global independent rights agency. As a result of this deal, Pulselocker users will enjoy access to the independent sector’s best labels and artists. Merlin’s members account for the largest set of rights outside of those held by the larger major record companies. This includes repertoire from labels and distributors such as, Beggars, K7!, CR2 Records, finetunes, and Red Eye Distribution.
“Pulselocker is bringing an innovative new service to market and we’re delighted to have reached an agreement that pairs the innovative companies we represent with this exciting new service.” said Charles Caldas, CEO of Merlin. “We expect Pulselocker’s users will enjoy all the impressive content that Merlin’s repertoire will provide.”
Pricing and Availability
Pulselocker is currently available for Mac OS X® and Windows® users in the United States, Canada and the European Union. All users have 30 days of unlimited on-demand streaming and a 150-track Locker access before signing up. To sign-up, visit "Related Links" at the bottom of this page.
Pulselocker monthly subscription tiers accommodate DJs and music aficionados of all budgets. Starting at 9.99 GBP (12 EUR / 15 USD) for a 25-track locker, tiers range from 14.99 GBP (17 EUR / 23 USD) for 75-tracks, 24.99 GBP (29 EUR / 38 USD) for 150-tracks, 34.99 GBP (40 EUR / 54 USD) for 300-tracks, and 59.99 GBP (69 EUR / 92 USD) for 1000-tracks.
Find out more