Evlear is a lifestyle blog/magazine focusing on Music, Cars, Lifestyle and Events.
To bring quality articles, interviews and reviews within Music, Cars, Lifestyle and Events. The middle two focuses on high-end consumer goods as well as events that incorporate music as well as cars and fashion, like Gumball 3000, ModBall, Cash & Rocket and other events. All with a sense of humor and professionalism. E is for Evlear. E is for Emotion. E is for Evolution. E is for Expression. E is for Everyone.
Evlear is a lifestyle blog/magazine focusing on Music, Cars, Lifestyle and Events. We have our own brand of apparel which can be found at Zazzle and Spreadshirt. Founded in June 2002 as Megamind Magazine. Became Evlear Magazine in March 2013. It is also 100% advertisement free and the website loads faster than all industry related websites. It's all about passion for Music, Cars, Lifestyle and Events, all with a twist, that is unique to Evlear.
In 2015 we donated the old domain Megamind.se to the Swedish National Museum of Science and Technology, so that it could be used in an upcoming exhibition involving vision's of the next generation's science center's. We like seeing a re-use of an old domain come to use for today's young people.
The website was started on the 31st July 2002 by Mathias Haegglund as a spin-off from Lushbeats Magazine, which was the proving ground for a new project called Megamind. After leaving Lushbeats Magazine to focus solely on Megamind it quickly grew and attracted attention for being the first website focusing on Nordic Clubbing and DJ Culture in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
The website started out as Megamind.dk but after a year it changed it's name to Megamind.se and then 7 years later it change to it's last home as MegamindMagazine.com in order to branch out and becoming a more international site solely focusing on DJ Culture and Music, especially Electronic Dance Music (EDM).
8+ years later and having outlived all other websites started around the same time. Megamind was considered to be a stable and well looked after cornerstone of the industry. As always and as it's written "Megamind is always new, always informative, always insightful, always fun and always for you, the clubbers."
Megamind Magazine was a free online magazine dedicated to bringing music and industry related news to the public. The magazine was also being operated as a non-profit organization, where all or any proceeds are put into developing and maintaining the website.
- Nominated for Best blog 2009 by Swedish Podradio Awards
- Nominated for Best blog 2010 by Swedish Podradio Awards
- Nominated for Best Blog in the Peoples Choice Awards at the BT Digital Music Awards 2006
- Nominated for Best Blog in the Peoples Choice Awards at the BT Digital Music Awards 2007
- Nominated for Best Blog in the Peoples Choice Awards at the BT Digital Music Awards 2008
- Nominated for Best Blog in the Peoples Choice Awards at the BT Digital Music Awards 2009
- Nominated for Best Blog in the Peoples Choice Awards at the BT Digital Music Awards 2010
- Nominated for Best Swedish Web Project of the Year in Swedish Webbkomet Award 2013
Find out more